We Proudly Present Surgical Technician Graduate Alison Watts
Alison, mother of three, has worked hard for this honor. When she was a teenager, she had five knee surgeries. The people who helped her were amazing, and she knew she wanted to do the same for other people. She worked hard on her degree while raising her children - how fun it must have been to all be in school at the same time! She showed great fortitude, and we are so proud of our Dean’s List graduate!
What you Learn in our Surgical Technician Program
Surgical Tech is a full Associate’s program, so while you learn specialized knowledge about surgical procedures, you also learn typical general education requirements like College Math and Oral Communications. More importantly, you are introduced to the specific knowledge you need for success as a Surgical Technician with classes like Surgical Technician Principles and Practice and Fundamentals, Procedures and Techniques, Medical Terminology, and Certification Exam Preparation. In these classes, you will learn:
- How to solve general math problems and how to apply your math knowledge
- How to effectively communicate in informative and persuasive situations
- Beginning principles of Surgical terminology, techniques, and principles
- Introductory terminology important in surgery
- A further study on specifics of different types of surgeries beginning with general surgery and ending with a multitude of specialties like geriatrics, obstetrics, cardiothoracic, and neurosurgery
- Detailed review of information to help you successfully complete the Certification Test and your externship
How Our Graduate Became a Surgical Technician
If you like a fast-paced environment and the ability to help people, check out our Surgical Technology program. A Stautzenberger Associate prepares you for an entry-level career in hospitals.
Stautzenberger’s Surgical Technician Associate's Program at a Glance
Program Length: 18 months
Learning Environment: blended - online/on-campus/Externship
Link for Surgical Technology Lead Instructor
Job Outlook: 9% job growth over the next 10 years, equating to around 9,500 jobs added yearly1
Find out more about our Surgical Technology Associate's program today. Call 888.859.8225 or submit the Request Information form on our website. We are ready to assist you with completing the enrollment process, navigating your financial aid options, finding a tutor, practicing your interviewing skills, connecting with local employers, and more. Have the courage to accomplish your academic and professional goals!
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Surgical Technologists, at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/surgical-technologists.htm (visited April 19, 2022).
#college #surgicaltechnologist #sugicaltech #surgicaltechstudent #sctoday