Animal Welfare Administration Diploma Program
100% of the program is online - At Stautzenberger College, learning online doesn’t mean learning alone. Read how we support our students.
What is Animal Welfare Administration?
- Learning how animals cope with the conditions of their environment.
- Gauging animal welfare, identifying potential risks to animals and mitigating those risks.
- Fully understanding the essentials of animal care such as health & nutrition, animal ethics & law and pet behavior characteristics.
- Providing customer service to pet owners through outstanding shelter management and client communications
- Improving the lives of the animals under your care.
Animal Welfare Administration is a robust and rapidly growing industry. According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners are expected to spend over $99 billion on their pets this year.1
What Career Options are Available in Animal Welfare Administration?
- Animal Shelters
- Veterinary Offices
- Doggie Daycare & Boarding Providers
- Animal Training Centers
- Self-Employed Home Animal Care
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Animal Caretakers is projected to grow 12% in Ohio from 2018 to 2028.3
What You Will Learn in an Animal Welfare Administration Program
- The nature and process of animal shelter medicine, infectious disease, animal anatomy and physiology.
- Coping techniques to improve and control animal behavior and animal enrichment.
- Common veterinary terminology and procedure.
- Proper facility management, volunteer management and customer service.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 9 months
Find Out More
100% of the program is online
After you complete the Animal Welfare Administration Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Animal Welfare Business Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 16 months total to get an associate degree.
3https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/39-2021.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 3/9/21.
- Animal welfare administration
- Animal medical terminology
- Animal health and nutrition
- Animal behavior
- Training and enrichment
- Facility management
- Animal ethics and law
- Shelter management
- Client communication
- Colunteer and career management
Graduates of this program could be prepared for entry-level work in veterinary offices, pet stores, animal training facilities, labs, shelters, kennels and grooming facilities. Job titles could include, shelter care assistant, animal care assistant, kennel assistant, animal rescue assistant, and kennel administrator.
Most Importantly, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for animal care workers is expected to increase by eighteen percent between 2016 and 2026.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/39-2021.00, retrieved 3/2/2020