Animal Welfare Business Administration Associate Degree Program
Upon completion of a diploma program, students are eligible to enroll in an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program. Diploma programs are designed to help students begin work in their chosen field. Our AAS programs go beyond by allowing students to develop general education skill sets (in areas such as English, History and Math) and complete an advanced level of course work in their chosen field. As long as they have completed a diploma program or a specific number of credit hours from a related concentration, students may begin an AAS program anytime, even at night while they work. All of our AAS completion programs are 100% online.
What is Animal Welfare Business Administration AAS?
- Learning in depth how animals cope with the conditions of their environment.
- Training in animal administration, personnel supervision and team building.
- Gauging animal welfare, identifying potential risks to animals and mitigating those risks.
- Developing public relations and fundraising skills.
- A deeper understanding of the essentials of animal care such as health & nutrition, animal ethics & law and pet behavior characteristics.
- Providing customer service to pet owners through outstanding shelter management and client communications.
- Improving the lives of the animals under your care.
Animal Welfare Management is a rapidly growing industry. According to the American Pet Products Association, pet owners are expected to spend over $99 billion on their pets this year.1
What Career Options are Available in Animal Welfare Administration?
- Animal Shelters
- Veterinary Offices
- Doggie Daycare & Boarding Providers
- Animal Training Centers
- Self-Employed Home Animal Care
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Animal Caretakers is projected to grow 12% in Ohio from 2018 to 2028.3
What You Will Learn in an Animal Welfare Business Management AAS Program
- The fundamentals of business management as it relates to animal welfare, including team-building, end-to-end customer service, staff management and supervision.
- Study in depth animal care techniques including animal shelter medicine, infectious disease, animal anatomy and physiology.
- Advanced coping techniques to improve and control animal behavior and enrich animal lives.
- Common veterinary terminology and procedure.
- Proper facility management, public relations, fundraising and volunteer management.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 7 months
100% of the program is online
Find Out More
3https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/39-2021.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 1/10/2022.