Early Childhood Education Associate Degree Program
Upon completion of a diploma program, students are eligible to enroll in an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program. Diploma programs are designed to help students begin work in their chosen field. Our AAS programs go beyond by allowing students to develop general education skill sets (in areas such as English, History and Math) and complete an advanced level of course work in their chosen field. As long as they have completed a diploma program or a specific number of credit hours from a related concentration, students may begin an AAS program anytime, even at night while they work. All of our AAS completion programs are 100% online.
What Is Early Childhood Education?
- Teaching social and emotional development to children.
- Being knowledgeable of age-appropriate activities.
- Recording individual learning progress of children in your care.
- Recognizing signs of developmental delay in children with special needs.
- Balancing each child’s individual needs and push children to their fullest potential.
- Impacting each child’s growth as a future student.
A multitude of studies suggest that early childhood is one of the most important learning periods in a child’s life. During this time period, high-quality developmental education can not only significantly impact a child’s ability to learn in later life, but also set the course for one’s opportunities in the future. For these overwhelming reasons, effective education during a child’s pre-school years requires careful training and is a highly-rewarding career.
What Career Options Are Available in Early Childhood Education?
- Public and Private Schools
- Childcare Centers
- Home-Based Education
- And much more
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Preschool Teachers is projected to grow 7% in Ohio from 2019 to 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Early Childhood Education AAS Program
One of the best ways to start a career in Early Childhood Education is through a degree program. At Stautzenberger College, our Associate degree in Early Childhood Education can be completed in just 7 months and has been carefully designed to:
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to gain employment as entry-level early childhood educators.
- Course work designed to prepare students to work with young children of all abilities and special needs in a variety of settings.
- In addition to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments. These assignments include reading, exercises and problem solving, projects, and presentations. A student can anticipate out-of-class activities that equal to about two (2) hours for every one (1) hour of lecture.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 7 months
100% of the program is online
Find Our More
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/25-2011.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 2/19/21.