Dental Assisting Diploma Program
What Is Dental Assisting?
- Working as part of a team to provide patient care.
- Processing samples and performing laboratory functions.
- Collecting billing and insurance information from patients.
- Advising patients on proper oral hygiene.
- Performing administrative and other such duties to support the clinic.
What Career Options Are Available in Dental Assisting?
- Oral Surgery Centers
- Dental Offices
- Other Oral Care Locations
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Dental Assistants is expected to increase by 7% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Dental Assisting Program
- Provide training in didactic, laboratory and clinical processes.
- In-depth teachings of common dental procedures.
- Instruction for dental office administration.
- Gain knowledge of chairside assisting and infection control in an oral environment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your lifestyle.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 months
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
Meet Our Instructor:
After you complete the Dental Assisting Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree
1 https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9091.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/8/21.
The content of the program provides students with didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction in chair-side assisting procedures, infection control, and treatment procedures commonly performed in a dental office setting. Students will also receive basic training in front office procedures. In additional to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments. These assignments include but are not limited to reading, exercises and problem solving projects, research papers, and presentations. A student can anticipate out-of-class activities that equal about two (2) hours for every one (1) hour of lecture.
Enjoy Strong Career Opportunities
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in Ohio for dental assistants is expected to increase by 11% between 2016 and 2026. The salary range in Illinois is $26,170 to $56,450 with a median salary of $36,960.1
1 onetonline.org/link/summary/31-9091.00, retrieved 12/13/2019