Practical Nursing Diploma Program
100% of our 2019 and 2020 graduates who took the NCLEX exam passed on the first attempt!
What Is Practical Nursing?
- Providing basic nursing care and being responsible for patient comfort.
- Checking blood pressure, changing bandages or other patient needs.
- Monitoring and reporting patient vitals to doctors and other medical staff.
- Under certain circumstances, administering medications.
What Career Options Are Available in Practical Nursing?
- Physician Offices
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Nursing Homes
- And many more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Licensed Practical Nurses is expected to increase by 9% between 2019 and 2029.1
What You Will Learn in a Practical Nursing Program
- Provide necessary training to pass the NCLEX exam (100% of our 2019 and Q1-Q3 2020 students passed the exam on the first attempt)..
- Studies in anatomy, pharmacology and nutrition.
- Course work in clinical skills, critical thinking, medical ethics and nursing care.
- How to create a safe environment for patients, family and the community.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 14 months
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
Meet Our Instructor:
After you complete the Practical Nursing Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 21 months total to get an associate degree.
Stautzenberger College has determined through approval by the Ohio Board of Nursing its curriculum meets the state educational requirements for licensure or certification.
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2061.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 4/14/21.
Curriculum addresses clinical skills, critical thinking, medical ethics and practical applications, including holistic nursing care, the promotion of health and wellness throughout the lifespan, the science of caring, and the creation of a safe environment for patients, family, and the community.
Upon completion of the program, you could be prepared to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse) exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Ohio.
Practical nurses provide for the basic needs and comfort of ill, injured, or convalescing patients in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions. They work under the supervision of a registered nurse or doctor. Licensing is required.
Practical Nursing is a growing career field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of licensed practical nurses should increase by ten percent between 2016 and 2026.1
1onetonline.org/link/summary/29-2061.00, retrieved 2/25/2020
Maumee, OH and Brecksville, OH