Medical Assistant Diploma Program
Medical Assistants Needed: Indeed.com on 8-31-2020, listed over 1,700 Medical Assistant jobs!2
What Is a Medical Assistant?
- Working alongside physicians and nurses to provide administrative support.
- Measuring and recording vital signs.
- Ensuring stellar patient experiences through appointment scheduling, cleansing rooms and processing customer data.
- In some cases, obtaining patient samples.
- Helping patients improve healthcare outcomes and improve lives.
What Career Options Are Available as a Medical Assistant?
- Medical & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Optometrist Offices
- Insurance Companies
- Outpatient Care Centers
- State & Local Government Agencies
- Private Practices
- And many more locations!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Medical Assistants is expected to increase by 18% between 2018 and 2028.1
What You Will Learn in a Medical Assistant Program
- Instruction in both clerical and clinical best practices and skills.
- Development of medical communication and critical thinking.
- Includes a 160-hour externship designed to gain hands-on experience.
- Real-life examples of common challenges in the healthcare world.
Upon successful completion of the program, you have the ability to sit for your medical assistant certification. Recognized by the American Medical Technologists (AMT), this certification could open additional doors to employment.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 10 month
Offered at Campuses Near Cleveland and Toledo
This program is offered at both of our campus locations, making it convenient for people in both the greater Cleveland area and the greater Toledo area. Our Brecksville campus is located just minutes from downtown Cleveland. The Maumee campus sits just southwest of downtown Toledo.
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
Meet Our Instructor:
After you complete the Medical Assistant Diploma Program, you could continue with our online, 7-month Healthcare Administration Associate Degree completion program. That's only 17 months total to get an associate degree.
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/31-9092.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 1/5/2022.
2https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=medical%20assistant&l=ohio&vjk=11266bbbf5ab2fbc (retrieved 8/31/2020)