Surgical Technology Associate Degree Program
The Surgical Technology program is programmatically accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Prior to graduation, all students will be eligible to take the CST examination offered through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
What Is a Surgical Technician?
- Organizing pre-operative equipment and ready the OR for surgery.
- Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Preparing and administering medications, assisting in retracting tissues and passing surgical tools as necessary.
- Applying bandages and removing patients after an operation.
- Participating in the sterilization of equipment.
What Career Options Are Available as a Surgical Technician?
- Plastic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Organ Transplantation
- And much more!
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of jobs in the US for Surgical Technologists is expected to increase by 9% between 2018 and 2028.1
What You Will Learn in a Surgical Technician AAS Program
- Advanced studies in anatomy, microbiology and physiology.
- In-depth study of medical terminology and operating room procedures.
- An externship in a healthcare setting, providing real-world experience.
- General education course work to meet the requirements of an associate degree.
Why Choose Our College?
- Making student success our #1 priority.
- Designing courses that develop critical skill sets and expanding our student’s knowledge base for a life-time career.
- Ensuring that the skills businesses need are the skills we teach.
- Offering affordable programs that typically take less time to complete and have smaller class sizes than those of other schools.
- Offering on-campus, hybrid, and completely online diploma and degree programs that provide more flexibility to fit your life-style.
- Having the best career services team that has done the networking for you with numerous local employers and are here to help.
All of us at Stautzenberger College are here to help you succeed, whether it’s our free tutoring, helpful financial aid options, or connecting you with businesses for that great job. We are here to prepare you for quick entry into the workforce.
Financial Aid available to those who qualify.
Program length – 18 months
Offered at Campuses Near Cleveland and Toledo
This program is offered at both of our campus locations, making it convenient for people in both the greater Cleveland area and the greater Toledo area. Our Brecksville campus is located just minutes from downtown Cleveland. The Maumee campus sits just southwest of downtown Toledo.
Find Out More
Meet Our Instructor:
Meet Our Instructor:
1https://www.onetonline.org/link/localtrends/29-2055.00?st=OH&g=Go, retrieved 1/5/2022.