Happy National Paralegal Day
Here are our top ten reasons to become a paralegal. Are you currently a paralegal? Please add to our list.
Ever wonder what a day in a law firm is like?
With so much research to conduct and paperwork to complete, lawyers have dire need for paralegals. If you want to enter the legal profession but not attend law school, our paralegal studies diploma program may be the perfect starting point. The following are ten reasons to earn your paralegal diploma:
1. Bright job outlook. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, paralegal positions are expected to increase by twelve percent between 2018 and 2028.1
2. Fast-paced program. Paralegal schools have quick programs to get you into your new job faster, and our school is no exception. Receive your diploma in as little as ten months!
3. Opportunities for further education. We also offer an associate's paralegal studies program that builds on the diploma courses to further strengthen you as a job candidate.
4. Pick any type of law. Defense law is not your only option. Pick your employer from a multitude of law fields such as corporate law, international law, or education law.
5. Become a lawyer. If you ever decide law truly is your calling, you can expand on your paralegal knowledge to become a lawyer yourself.
6. Hone your writing skills. Paralegals must complete a lot of paperwork, and this job will help you master professional writing.
7. Become adept at researching. The paralegal profession is research-intensive. If you are passionate about reading and sifting through new information, you'll love this career.
8. Meet new clients. Your new job may allow you to meet the people involved with the case. You can get to know many new faces and improve your interpersonal skills.
9. Great resume-booster. Many consider the legal field to be one of the most difficult professions. Taking our paralegal courses can show employers you're a focused, driven candidate.
10. Assist people in need. You will be directly improving the lives of countless clients. Every night, you can go home assured that you've greatly helped someone.
1 Bureau of Labor Statistics, United States Department of Labor. (2019, October 23). Occupational Outlook Handbook. Paralegals and Legal Assistants. Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/legal/paralegals-and-legal-assistants.htm
#college #paralegal #paralegallife #paralegalstudent #sctoday