- Future Students
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Health & Wellness
- Information Technology
- Legal Technology
- Medical Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate
- STNA – State Tested Nursing Assistant Program
- Veterinary Technician
- Online Programs – All Campuses
- Current Students
- ABK National Honor Society
- Building Maps
- Career Services
- Student Resources
- Disability Services
- Emergency Evacuation
- Financial Aid
- Faculty Email Directory
- Referral Form
- A – Z Index
- Articulation/Academic Agreements
- Consumer Information
- Contact Information
- Events Calendar
- Stautzenberger Job Opportunities
- Stautzenberger News
- Other Locations
Practical Nursing Program
Practical Nursing Program Fast Facts:
- The mission of the Practical Nursing program (PN program) at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is to prepare men and women for a career in practical nursing as a licensed practical nurse.
- Graduates of the Practical Nursing program receive a diploma in practical nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse) exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Ohio.
- Our pass rate for the state boards (January – July 2012) is 96%, well above the state average of 89% (for the same period).
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 18 months.
- The Practical Nursing program at Stautzenberger College is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing, which regulates all nursing school programs in Ohio.
Become a Practical Nurse
The Practical Nursing program maintains the highest of standards, emphasizing a commitment to the program’s conceptual framework of holistic nursing care, the promotion of health and wellness throughout the lifespan, the science of caring, and a safe environment for patients, family and the community.
With a focus on ethics and respect for the nursing profession, students in the Practical Nursing program are trained in clinical skills, critical thinking, practical application, and the importance of lifelong learning.
The core knowledge obtained in this curriculum is viewed as a basis for beginning practice in the nursing field. The science of nursing is constantly evolving. In recognition of this certainty, the Practical Nursing program stresses the reality of continuing education.
Objectives of the Practical Nursing Program:
- Function as a competent practical nurse in diversified health care settings utilizing the nursing process as a methodology for practice
- Participate as accountable, responsible member of the health care team
- Demonstrate respect for all human beings
- Utilize a holistic framework in nursing care throughout the life span
- Achieve a precision level in biological, physical, psychosocial and nursing sciences
- Achieve a competent level of clinical judgment
- Apply knowledge, judgment and skill to safety and accurately administer medicals
- Perform all nursing functions within safe, legal and ethical parameters
- Contribute to the wellness of individuals, families, and communities
- Develop passion for life-long learning and ability for critical thinking that enables thriving in a changing, complex society within our nursing community
- Qualify to take NCLEX-PN Licensure Examination for the state of Ohio
Upcoming Nursing Pre-admissions Testing Dates
(please call admissions at (419) 866-0261 to register)
Upcoming Dates TBA