- Future Students
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Health & Wellness
- Information Technology
- Legal Technology
- Medical Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate
- STNA – State Tested Nursing Assistant Program
- Veterinary Technician
- Online Programs – All Campuses
- Current Students
- ABK National Honor Society
- Building Maps
- Career Services
- Student Resources
- Disability Services
- Emergency Evacuation
- Financial Aid
- Faculty Email Directory
- Referral Form
- A – Z Index
- Articulation/Academic Agreements
- Consumer Information
- Contact Information
- Events Calendar
- Stautzenberger Job Opportunities
- Stautzenberger News
- Other Locations
Microsoft Technology Specialist
Microsoft Technology Specialist Program Fast Facts:
- The Microsoft Technology Specialist program at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is designed to prepare men and women to install, operate and manage Windows network systems and software.
- Graduates of the Microsoft Technology Specialist program receive a certificate.
- The normal time to complete this program for a part-time student is 12 months.
- Graduates are prepared for the Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) certification. This certification exam is offered on campus at the Stautzenberger Certification and Testing Center.
- Graduates of this program are qualified to work as network administrators, desktop support technicians, computer support technicians and/or help desk technicians.
Become a Microsoft Technology Specialist
The Microsoft Technology Specialist program is designed to prepare students with already excellent basic computer skills the minimum technical courses to enter the computer support field as a network administrator, desktop support technician, computer technician or a help-desk technician. Depending upon a graduate’s background beyond this curriculum, he or she may be ready to accept a position as an entry-level network engineer.
Certifications are highly recommended. Experience combined with training may be necessary before graduates are ready to take the exams.
Objectives of the Microsoft Technology Specialist Program:
- Understand the importance of network systems administration.
- Develop a solid foundation in the technical aspects of network management and support, desktop troubleshooting and server administration.
- Develop competencies to prepare graduates for certification exams in the roles of network administrator, desktop support and help desk technician.
- Promote ethical perspectives in business and build problem-solving techniques.
- Gain experience with real-world application through hands-on labs and simulations.