- Future Students
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Health & Wellness
- Information Technology
- Legal Technology
- Medical Technology Programs
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate
- STNA – State Tested Nursing Assistant Program
- Veterinary Technician
- Online Programs – All Campuses
- Current Students
- ABK National Honor Society
- Building Maps
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Emergency Evacuation
- Financial Aid
- Faculty Email Directory
- Referral Form
- Student Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities
- A – Z Index
- Articulation/Academic Agreements
- Consumer Information
- Contact Information
- Events Calendar
- Stautzenberger Job Opportunities
- Stautzenberger News
- Other Locations
Personal Fitness Trainer Program
Personal Fitness Trainer Program Fast Facts:
- Stautzenberger College offers both a diploma program and an associate degree program for Toledo-area students interested in becoming a personal fitness trainer or starting their own personal fitness training business.
- Our personal fitness training students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- Graduates of both the diploma and degree programs will be able to perform a variety of exercise-related assessments and tests, design safe and effective exercise programs, implement safe weight loss/gain programs, and become proficient in a variety of business-related skills.
- Graduates of both the diploma and degree programs will be prepared for National Strength and Conditioning Association Certification (NSCA Certification) after attending a six-day boot camp in Las Vegas, NV, during their final quarter.
- Graduates of the Personal Fitness Trainer diploma program receive a diploma.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 15 months.
Associate Degree Program
- The Personal Fitness Trainer associate degree program offers a more well-rounded education by including coursework in General Education and practical business.
- Graduates of the Personal Fitness Trainer degree program receive an associate of applied science degree.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 24 months.
Become a Personal Fitness Trainer
The goals of the Personal Fitness Trainer program are:
- To provide graduates with the knowledge, skills and abilities to qualify for Personal Fitness Trainer positions in gyms, fitness centers, private studios, corporate wellness programs, or begin their own Personal Fitness Training business.
- To provide basic instructional information needed to start at the entry level into the Personal Fitness profession.
- To obtain an overall understanding of the musculoskeletal system and the integumentary system as it relates to Personal Fitness Training.
- To learn the mechanical concepts and principles that affect human movement and the basic structure and function of the musculoskeletal system.
- To learn the effects of planned stress (e.g., exercise) and recovery (e.g., sleep, massage) on mental health, physical performance and health-related quality of life.
- To obtain a basic understanding of the physiological systems as they are affected by physical exercise.
- To learn a variety of methods of exercise and stress management, including proper nutrition, stretching techniques and body mechanics.
- To develop knowledge and skills needed to assess physical fitness and prescribe exercise for apparently healthy individuals.
- To learn practical skills of fitness training while working with the public.
- To learn the basics of the fitness business as well as how to start a fitness business.
‘, true); ?>
OH REG #99-10-1523T