- Future Students
- Academic Calendar
- Building Maps
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Driving Directions
- Financial Aid
- School Catalog
- Training of Veterans
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Health & Wellness
- Information Technology
- Legal Technology
- Medical Technology Programs
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate
- Veterinary Technician
- Current Students
- ABK National Honor Society
- Articulation/Academic Agreements
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Emergency Evacuation
- Faculty Email Directory
- Financial Aid
- Ohio Voter Registration
- Online Classes Login
- Referral Form
- Student Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities
Massage Therapy Program
Massage Therapy Program Fast Facts:
- Stautzenberger College is an Assigned School for National Certified Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers. We offer training to men and women in the Toledo, Ohio area who wish to become massage therapists.
- The normal time frame to complete this program for a full-time student is 12 months or less.
- To graduate, the student must achieve a minimum grade of “C” in all Massage Therapy (MAS) courses.
- Graduates of the Massage Therapy Program receive a diploma.
- Graduates are prepared to take the MBLEx test (Massage & Bodywork Licensing Examination) which is governed by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards for issuing the license to practice massage therapy in Ohio. Graduates are then able to apply for licensure with the Ohio Medical Board.
- Graduates are also prepared to work in a variety of positions within the massage therapy field. Graduates may seek employment as a massage therapist, licensed massage therapist, registered massage therapist, or certified massage therapist.
Become a Massage Therapist
The Massage Therapy Program provides quality massage therapy training in a personalized environment, emphasizing ethics and respect for the profession, service to the community, and advancement of the profession through practical application.
Stautzenberger College’s commitment is to enable the practitioner to develop viable occupational skills and to use massage as a means of health improvement, injury/disorder rehabilitation and pain relief.
Our Massage Therapy training program is specifically designed to help students become more competent, independent and cooperative, in addition to understanding and accepting themselves and others. This humanistic approach is the overall guiding principle of our Massage Therapy School.
The goals of the Massage Therapy Program are:
- To provide instruction for entry-level positions in the massage therapy profession.
- To provide practical, hands-on experience in the modalities of massage therapy.
- To foster the practical skills of massage while working with the public.
- To prepare students to take the Ohio State Licensure Examination to become a licensed massage therapist in Ohio.
- To assist students in learning the basics of starting their own massage therapy businesses.
Massage Therapy Program Dates:
13-3 (Start new group on M/W/F)
Start Monday July 8, 2013 –Monday September 16, 2013
Holiday no class on Monday September 2
13-4 (Start new group M/W/F)
Start Monday September 30, 2013 – Wednesday December 11, 2013
Holiday’s on Wednesday November 27 and Friday November 29
14-1 (Start new group M/W/F)
Start Monday January 6, 2014 – Friday March 14, 2014