- Future Students
- Academic Calendar
- Building Maps
- Certification Testing
- Class Schedules
- Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Driving Directions
- Financial Aid
- Military Veterans
- School Catalog
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Health & Wellness
- Information Technology
- Legal Technology
- Medical Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Real Estate
- STNA – State Tested Nursing Assistant Program
- Veterinary Technician
- Online Programs – All Campuses
- Current Students
- ABK National Honor Society
- Building Maps
- Career Services
- Student Resources
- Disability Services
- Emergency Evacuation
- Financial Aid
- Faculty Email Directory
- Referral Form
- A – Z Index
- Articulation/Academic Agreements
- Consumer Information
- Contact Information
- Events Calendar
- Stautzenberger Job Opportunities
- Stautzenberger News
- Other Locations
Accounting Program Fast Facts:
- The mission of the Accounting program at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is to prepare men and women for a career in the accounting field.
- Graduates of the Accounting program receive an associate of applied business degree.
- Our Toledo-area accounting students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 24 months.
Become an Accountant
The Accounting provides students with the foundational accounting concepts combined with skills in communication, computer software application, financial and statistical techniques. The program also provides foundational knowledge in a broad base of accounting disciplines: principles of accounting, intermediate accounting, tax accounting, cost accounting, auditing and managerial accounting.
Additionally, classes in statistical methods in business, finance, business law, and communications, as well as Microsoft Office software applications provide hands-on and collaborative applications, which foster teamwork, problem analysis, and skill building.
Throughout the program there is an emphasis on ethics and the development of communication and presentation skills. An Accounting Externship provides the students with the practical experience necessary to begin an accounting career.
Objectives of the Accounting Program:
- Prepare graduates for entry-level accounting positions or to continue their studies in a related baccalaureate-level program.
- Provide a strong foundation in the following accounting concepts: financial statements, banking, taxes, and cost-of-goods sold.
- Discuss various ethical perspectives and issues in business.
- Identify differences in basic accounting concepts, managerial accounting, cost accounting and auditing in relation to all types of organizations.
- Develop competencies in accounting, spreadsheets and word processing software applications.
- Develop teamwork through the application of team decision-making, communication and conflict management theory.
- Differentiate between accounting principles and practices used in manufacturing versus service industries, as well as small versus large businesses.
- Develop skills in problem-solving and analysis of accounting and finance functions through hands-on application.