Stautzenberger College’s Summer Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, August 2, 2013 at … Continue reading
Practical Nursing Program
Practical Nursing Program Fast Facts:
- The mission of the Practical Nursing program (PN program) at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is to prepare men and women for a career in practical nursing as a licensed practical nurse.
- Graduates of the Practical Nursing program receive a diploma in practical nursing and are eligible to take the NCLEX-PN (National Council Licensure Examination-Practical Nurse) exam to become a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Ohio.
- Our pass rate for the state boards (January – July 2012) is 96%, well above the state average of 89% (for the same period).
- Our Toledo-area nursing students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 18 months.
- The Practical Nursing program at Stautzenberger College is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing, which regulates all nursing school programs in Ohio.
Become a Practical Nurse
The Practical Nursing program maintains the highest of standards, emphasizing a commitment to the program’s conceptual framework of holistic nursing care, the promotion of health and wellness throughout the lifespan, the science of caring, and a safe environment for patients, family and the community.
With a focus on ethics and respect for the nursing profession, students in the Practical Nursing program are trained in clinical skills, critical thinking, practical application, and the importance of lifelong learning.
The core knowledge obtained in this curriculum is viewed as a basis for beginning practice in the nursing field. The science of nursing is constantly evolving. In recognition of this certainty, the Practical Nursing program stresses the reality of continuing education.
Objectives of the Practical Nursing Program:
- Function as a competent practical nurse in diversified health care settings utilizing the nursing process as a methodology for practice
- Participate as accountable, responsible member of the health care team
- Demonstrate respect for all human beings
- Utilize a holistic framework in nursing care throughout the life span
- Achieve a precision level in biological, physical, psychosocial and nursing sciences
- Achieve a competent level of clinical judgment
- Apply knowledge, judgment and skill to safety and accurately administer medicals
- Perform all nursing functions within safe, legal and ethical parameters
- Contribute to the wellness of individuals, families, and communities
- Develop passion for life-long learning and ability for critical thinking that enables thriving in a changing, complex society within our nursing community
- Qualify to take NCLEX-PN Licensure Examination for the state of Ohio
Upcoming Nursing Pre-admissions Testing Dates
(please call admissions at 419-866-0261 to register)
Upcoming Dates TBA
Stautzenberger College’s Summer Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, August 2, 2013 at 7:30pm at the Franciscan Center of Lourdes College. Commencement candidates must arrive by 6pm for check-in and photographs.
In order to be eligible to participate in the August Commencement, all coursework and externship hours must be completed by July 16, 2013. If there are any questions regarding eligibility to participate in the ceremony, contact your Program Director.
Each Commencement candidate will receive 4 tickets for this ceremony, which will be available for pickup at the bookstore beginning Monday, July 1st. Depending on the number of candidates who elect to participate, extra tickets may be available. Contact Carol Stacy at 419.866.0261 x134 for details. Seating is available on a first come, first serve basis and the auditorium will be opened to ticketed guests at 7:00 p.m.
Caps and gowns will be available for pickup at the bookstore from July 29thth to August 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Pat Pentek at extension 141 or Traci Linebrink at extension 180.
Stautzenberger College will host an Open House on Saturday, May 18, between 10am and 2pm which is open to the public. Come out and find out what new career opportunities await you with programs such as Dental Assisting, Personal Fitness Trainer, Paralegal, IT Systems Administration, Veterinary Technician, Medical Assisting, Practical Nursing and much more! In addition to facility tours and information on all the programs Stautzenberger has to offer, 92.5 Kiss FM will be broadcasting live with prizes to give away. Financial Aid administrators will be available to offer assistance with completing your FAFSA. Refreshments will also be served.
Stop by and learn how Stautzenberger College can get you on your way to a new and exciting career. Call (419) 866-0261 for more information.
Scan the QR code below with your smartphone to add this event directly into your calendar!