Medical Assisting Program Fast Facts:
- Stautzenberger College offers both a diploma program and an associate degree program for Toledo-area students interested in becoming a Medical Assistant.
- Our medical assisting students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- Upon completion, Medical Assisting students may sit for the national voluntary Certified Medical Assistant exam.
- Graduates are prepared to enter the medical profession as an entry-level medical assistant, capable of performing both administrative and clinical duties.
- The Stautzenberger College Medical Assisting Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
Associate Degree Program
- Graduates of the Medical Assisting diploma program receive a diploma.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 18 months.
- The Medical Assisting associate degree program offers a more well-rounded education by including coursework in General Education.
- Graduates of the Medical Assisting degree program receive an associate of applied science degree.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 27 months.
Become a Medical Assistant
The goals of the Medical Assisting program are:
- To provide graduates with the knowledge, skills and abilities to qualify for Medical Assisting positions in a physician’s office, managed health care organization, laboratory, or other allied health facility.
- To prepare competent entry-level medical assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- To provide instruction in medical office administration skills.
- To provide instruction in clinical skills required to assist physicians and patients.
- To provide guidance in ethical behavior and professionalism befitting the medical assistant.
- To provide career guidance and placement assistance of graduates after their externships at METRO Toledo facilities.
- To provide instruction in communication and collaborative skills necessary for effective interaction with other members of the medical team.
- To develop critical thinking skills.
- To support the Medical Assisting profession.
Requires Free Adobe Reader