Medical Administrative Technology
Medical Administrative Technology Program Fast Facts:
- Stautzenberger College offers a Medical Administrative Technology program for Toledo-area students interested in entering the medical profession as a medical office administrative assistant.
- Our medical administrative technology students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- Graduates of the program receive a diploma.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 18 months.
Become a Medical Office Administrative
The purpose of the Medical Administrative Technology program at Stautzenberger College is to provide a quality education while supporting the mission of Stautzenberger College. By emphasizing ethics and respect for the medical profession, service to the community, and advancement through practical application, students are prepared to enter the medical profession.
The Medical Administrative Technology curriculum is designed to provide students with a “hands-on” approach to gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the functions of a member of the medical profession while understanding the professional and ethical responsibilities. Courses in computer billing applications, administrative procedures, insurance billing/coding and medical law train the student for administrative responsibilities. General courses in oral communication, written communication and the humanities along with computer coursework serve to develop the student’s interpersonal skills, writing skills, and work place adaptability. Each student is required to participate in a hands-on externship at a local Toledo area health care facility.
Graduates are prepared to enter the medical profession as an entry-level medical office administrative assistant, capable of performing administrative duties. Employment can be with a physician’s office, managed health care organization, hospital, or other allied health facility.
Objectives of the Medical Administrative Technology Program:
- Provide graduates with the medical office administration skills.
- Provide training on common business computer applications.
- Guidance in ethical behavior and professionalism befitting the medical profession.
- Career guidance and placement assistance of graduates after their externships at METRO Toledo facilities.
- Communication and collaborative skills necessary for effective interaction with other members of the medical team.
- Develop critical thinking skills.
- Support of the medical profession.