Paralegal Program Fast Facts:
- The mission of the Paralegal program at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is to prepare men and women for a career in the legal profession as a paralegal.
- Graduates of the Paralegal program receive an Associate of Applied Business degree.
- Our Toledo-area paralegal students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 24 months.
Become a Paralegal
The mission of the Paralegal program at Stautzenberger College is to provide quality paralegal education and career services assistance in a personalized environment, emphasizing ethics and respect for the judicial system, service to the community, and advancement of the profession through practical application.
The Paralegal curriculum is designed to provide students with a “hands-on” approach to gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to perform the functions of a paralegal while understanding the professional and ethical responsibilities of the position. Courses in computer software applications, office procedures, and law office technology train students for administrative responsibilities.
Objectives of the Paralegal Program:
- Provide practical “hands-on” experience in preparing, filing, and understanding legal documents.
- Develop communication and collaborative skills necessary for effective interaction with other members of a legal team.
- Provide career guidance and placement assistance of graduates after their externships at metro Toledo offices.
- Foster investigative and critical skills.
- Promote ethical behavior and professionalism befitting the paralegal.
- Provide career guidance and placement assistance of graduates.
- Support the advancement of the paralegal profession.