IT Systems Administration (Microsoft)
IT Systems Administration Program Fast Facts:
- The IT Systems Administration (Microsoft) program at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is designed to prepare men and women to install, configure, and manage network systems and software.
- Graduates of the IT Systems Administration Microsoft program receive an associate of applied business degree.
- The normal time to complete this program for a part-time student is 24 months.
- Graduates are prepared for CompTIA’s A+ and Network+ certification exams as well as the Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) certification and Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) exams. These certification exams are offered on campus at the Stautzenberger Certification and Testing Center.
- Graduates of this program are qualified to work as network administrators, desktop support technicians, computer support technicians and/or help desk technicians.
What is IT Systems Administration?
The IT Enterprise Administration program is designed to prepare students with limited basic computer skills the minimum technical courses to enter the computer support field as a network administrator, desktop support technician, computer technician or a help-desk technician. Depending upon a graduate’s background beyond this curriculum, he or she may be ready to accept a position as an entry-level systems administrator.
A selection of technical electives prepares the graduate for a variety of the applications for which networks are developed and maintained. A well-rounded background is developed with the inclusion of business and general education classes.
Certifications are highly recommended. Experience combined with training may be necessary before graduates are ready to take the exams.
Objectives of the IT Systems Administration Program
- Understand the importance of network systems administration.
- Develop a solid foundation in the technical aspects of network management and support, desktop troubleshooting and server administration.
- Develop competencies to prepare graduates for certification exams in the roles of network administrator, desktop support and help desk technician.
- Promote ethical perspectives in business and build problem-solving techniques.
- Gain experience with real-world application through hands-on labs and simulations.