Business and Entrepreneurial Management Program Fast Facts:
- The mission of the Business and Entrepreneurial Management program at Stautzenberger College in METRO Toledo, Ohio is to prepare men and women for a to be competitive in the job market.
- Graduates of the Business and Entrepreneurial program receive an associate of applied business degree.
- Our Toledo-area Business and Entrepreneurial Management students can enroll in either day or evening classes.
- The normal time to complete this program for a full-time student is 27 months.
- Graduates are prepared for entry-level analyst positions in the fields of strategic planning, quality and inventory, safety, human resources and general business.
- Graduates are also prepared to operate their own business, become an operations manager or continue their studies in a related baccalaureate-level program.
What is Business and Entrepreneurial Management?
The Business and Entrepreneurial Management
program provides foundational knowledge in a broad base of business disciplines: communications, finance, marketing, business law, sales and customer relations, human resources, and management. Additionally, classes in statistical methods in business, accounting, operations management, and Microsoft Office software applications provide hands-on and collaborative applications, which foster teamwork, problem analysis, and skill building. Throughout the program there is an emphasis on ethics and the development of communication and presentation skills. Technical Electives allow students some freedom to choose either a traditional entry-level business career or an entrepreneurial path.
Objectives of the Business and Entrepreneurial Management Program:
- Develop the foundation for leadership through a systems perspective and skills planning, diagnosing, communicating and problem solving as well as foundational knowledge in finance, quality programs, human resource law and management theory.
- Discuss various ethical perspectives and issues in business.
- Describe the differences in the start-up, operation and management of small businesses versus larger companies and corporations.
- Develop competencies in computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and accounting.
- Develop skills in sales, marketing and customer service.
- Develop teamwork through the application of team decision-making, communication and conflict management theory.
- Apply analytical and statistical business skills to improve logistical, operational and human performance.
Requires Free Adobe Reader